The Northern Rivers Presbyterian Conference Centre (Camp Drewe), located at Lennox Head NSW, is currently seeking an Assistant Camp Manager. The role primarily is on a two day a week basis to relieve the camp manager. The days in the week may vary and on occasions additional days may need to be worked. When on duty the assistant manager is required to be always in attendance and available, so onsite accommodation is provided. It is Camp Drewe’s policy that the on-duty manager is required to give a short Christian talk at the beginning of each camp. Camp Drewe is NARTA accredited and has an extremely high benchmark in accommodation.
To be considered as part of our valued Christian outreach team, you will be required to work unsupervised and to exhibit the following:
• An enthusiasm for Christian camps.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to collaboratively work with the camp managing committee, camp manager and a diverse range of campers.
• Excellent administrative skills with a good understanding of Office software and the ability to learn our on-line booking system.
• Be self-motivated and undertake general maintenance of the camp.
• A current Working with Children Clearance Number and undertake and pass the Presbyterian Church’s child protection course (Breaking the Silence).
Commitment to a local church and the ethos of Christian camps is essential.
Applications should include a reference from a minister of the church you regularly attend, at least one from previous relevant employment, and one personal reference in support of your capabilities.
The successful applicant will be expected to commence duty from early/mid April 2021.
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, including basic personal details and references, not later than 12th March 2021.