Accreditation The management of Camp Drewe has always endeavoured to ensure that our centre meets all necessary benchmarks in terms of the facility functionality, safety and practices.
However we have recognised that it is no longer appropriate to self assess in these areas, and that it is important to be independently and professionally assessed so that we are sure that we are meeting national benchmarks in all areas.
The NARTA Inc. Accreditation Package has been endorsed, recommended or accepted as an appropriate accreditation methodology by:-
- Outdoor Recreation Industry Council of NSW
- Christian Venues Association
- Office of School Education – Victoria
- Department of Education and Children’s Services, South Australia
- Department of Education Tasmania
- National Parks and Wildlife NSW
- NSW Maritime Authority
- The Salvation Army in Australia
- The Baptist Union of Australia
- Wesleyan Methodist Church of Australia
- Antiochian Orthodox Church
Accreditation of a supplier is not necessarily a requirement of these organisations, however they all recognise the value in assuring the appropriateness of facilities and services to their members or students and have indicated that in their opinion NARTA is one such methodology.
Education Departments that do not recommend or endorse any particular providers as schools make their own decisions include:-
- Department of Education & Training Western Australia, which acknowledges “that schools would respond favourable towards those organisations that have gained NARTA accreditation”.
- New South Wales Department of School Education.
- Queensland Department of Education and Training.